Friday, March 12, 2010

Intro to voice and audience

Wallets can tell you so much about a person.

This is one of my blog writings. In this assignment we were to explain to our readers about how the contents of our wallets held clues to the type of person we are. One thing I noticed when reading some of the blogs from my classmates was that most seemed to list things that you wouldn’t be able to know about them based on what they had in their wallets. For me these seemed to be some of the most important qualities of my classmates. “What anyone who found my wallet would not know is that I have a great sense of humor, I'm divorced, I love the sunshine and my favorite colors are purple and yellow. They also would not know that I'm going to school to better myself for the benefit of my family, that I'm doing everything I can to keep afloat. I'm also dedicated to my friends and do anything within my power to support them and make them feel important.” These are things I value most about myself and you wouldn’t know that by looking through my wallet.

This class gave me my first experience with blogging. I’d never tried it before and it’s taught me that we all have a bit of a writer in us and it doesn’t always have to be structured. It showed me a different aspect to my creative side. It also taught me how to use analysis on things I wouldn’t otherwise. If I were to look through a stranger’s wallet, my brain would go on the path of finding a way to get the wallet back to the owner. While looking through this person’s wallet I never would have wondered what kind of person they are, but now I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment